Chest, Triceps & Abs Focused Workout
I just want to preface this post with I am NOT a personal trainer and that I use the short cut to shred program with modifiers that suit my personal goals and abilities.
With that said, y’all requested an outline of what I do at the gym and I wanted to share it with you guys!
Jon and I workout Saturday-Thursday with Friday’s off.
Stretching and Warm-up:
After stretching I do about 10-15 not modified push-ups and then I do inclined sit-ups typically 15-20
Weight Training & HIIT Program:
1. Barbell Bench Press - I do a total of 45 pounds - 3 sets of 6-8 reps
1 minute of jumping jacks between each set
2. Inclined Dumbbell Press - 10 - 15 pounds - 3 sets of 8-10 reps
1 minute leg raises between each set
3. Decline Press - 25 pounds - 3 sets of 8-10 reps
1 minute of high knees between each set
4. Tricep Dips - I use a bench press to dip on and do 3 sets of 10-15 reps
1 minute of squats between each set
5. Smith Machine Hip Raise - I’m honestly not sure how much I do…I usually use the leg press for this and put a 45 pound on each side… I do 3 sets of 6-8 reps
1 minute of jumping jacks
I am currently running 1 and 1/4 miles. I increase every single day by 1/10th of a mile that way I am improving every single day. I run at a pace of 5.3 with 0 incline. Every day is cardio day.
Jon and I do lunges typically every day after cardio
In terms of timing — we spend about an hour and a half at the gym every night.
Our workouts do change daily, though some of the activities are the same. But I will definitely share them with you guys and keep you updated on our progress. So far I have lost 7 pounds - I was 130 pounds 6 weeks ago and I am currently 124.